Smartphones, tablets, and mobile applications are allowing healthcare professionals to put their mobility to practice, altering every aspect of how healthcare is delivered. Improved decision-making, workflow efficiencies, faster response rates, and better patient experience are just a few of the many advancements being sought after with mobile health (mHealth) initiatives.
However great the gains, the mobility era poses serious challenges for healthcare organizations facing HITECH and HIPAA regulations.
- Protecting Patient Health Information (PHI)
- Providing secure access to sensitive data anytime, anywhere
- Distributing apps and files to healthcare staff
- Supporting Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) programs
- Supporting multiple device platforms and form factors
As new device types, form factors, and mobile applications enter the market, the challenges and liabilities of addressing HIPAA and HITECH Act increase. To help safeguard against violations and hefty fines, NotifyMDM enables healthcare organizations to safely support all corporate and individual liable devices, secure PHI, prevent data loss, and reduce IT costs associated with the ongoing management of mobile devices, apps, and documents. Here's how: