NotifyMDM enables organisations to offer a “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) Policy which will save them the cost of purchasing corporate devices and mobile contracts for staff who already own personally an expensive Smartphone or Tablet.
Those staff may choose to give permission for a security policy to be applied to their device which meets the organisation’s minimum acceptable requirements including password/timeout and encryption settings.
The benefit for staff is they do not need to carry around, check and keep charged two devices but also have the convenience of being able to access their corporate email on their personal phone.
If an employee leaves the organisation, many device types also allow a selective wipe to be sent to the device from NotifyMDM which only wipes the corporate data store from that device leaving the personal data untouched.
10 Steps to Launching a BYOD Program
Understand that BYOD is not for every organisation or every employee. Thus programs should provide a clear understanding that by “opting in” the employee chooses to accept and abide by the terms set forth in the policy.
We Can Help
BYOD policies and practices will evolve as technology and trends evolve. Laying a solid foundation early by properly defining your organisation’s goals and guidelines concerning BYOD will put your organisation in a better position to adapt to newer more innovative and productive ways of doing business. Let Notify help you assess your technology requirements, share best practices, and provide you the mobile management tools to accomplish a successful BYOD program.
- Manage corporate and individual liable (BYOD) devices using an on-premise or cloud-based platform
- Support a multi-OS strategy (iOS, Android, Windows Phone and more)
- Set corporate or BYOD policies with various levels of permissions and restrictions
- Separate corporate and personal data on devices with the ability to selectively wipe only corporate data
- Locate, Lock, or perform Full Wipe if the device is lost or stolen
- Distribute apps and files to corporate and BYOD users or user groups
- Enforce jailbreak/root detection, device encryption levels, minimum OS versions and more
- Set automated restrictions and alerts when a device is out of compliance
- Export reports documenting device statistics, user information, and system alerts
- Provide users a Self-Service Portal to Locate, Lock, or set Password Recovery